Friday, December 10, 2010

new is not necessarily better!


I was able to indulge my passion for old books recently at a local seconds/antique store.  I am so excited that it is local!  Two floors plus an outdoor area!!!  I went to source books for the girls but came out with a few extra pieces. 


I love these little golden books, some of them I had never heard of before, which was quite exciting.  Miss E even said "Mummy I don't mind that this book has a tear and a broken sticker on it." That made me very happy.  
I think of it an introduction to the adage new is not necessarily better.

 Those nostalgic golden and black spines!
The girls were ecstatic to find two Barbie books amongst the set we picked up!!!  They sat and read on our bed for over half and hour when we got home.

Another treasure, but from a different shop - The Wind In The Willows.  I loved the old brown fabric cover and thought I would put it away for when the girls are a little older but it has not made it past my bedside table.  I never read it as a child so am enjoying it now...and the language is truly beautiful!



Off to read a page or two before sleep.








2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Denise. I *so* relate. My Golden Books were so treasured as a child and now it is a delight to have the pixies reading them. I'm waiting until they're a little older to read 'The Wind in the Willows' - their concentration span isn't *quite* there yet! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all just gorgeous...golden books are such special treasures! the first little pictures reminds me of miss m! x

    ReplyDelete

little rays of sunshine... thank you for your kind words. X